Matthew Dahl, Business Director
I’ve been watching some holiday movies on the Hallmark Channel recently, as I’m sure many of you have been doing as well. While these movies have many different story lines, there are also many similarities between them. They inspire you to feel good about yourself. They teach you that it is better to give than to receive.
Holidays Are Stressful
No doubt, the holiday season can be busy and stressful for us all. Taking others’ feelings into consideration is a core value that we teach here at Frameworks. With that in mind, we can make a difference in someone’s life with the simplest act of kindness.
Simple Acts of Kindness:
- Write a note to a special friend and thank them for being a part of your life.
- Smile and say hello as you walk by someone.
- Open or hold the door for someone.
- Compliment someone.
- Let someone ahead of you in line.
- Call a family member or friend just to say hello.
- Donate canned goods to a local food bank.
- Invite someone to dinner.
- Treat your co-workers to donuts.
- Give up your seat on a crowded bus ride.
We could go on for quite a while with this list, but you get the message. These simple acts and many, many more can become a part of your daily life. Not just during the holiday season. I’m not sure who said it first, but think before you act. Our actions have impact and they can make a difference. So, if we’re going to spread something around, let that be kindness. Maybe, just maybe, you’ll see it come back to you!