Please read the criteria and guidelines for the program to ensure you can meet the requirements.
TIA Participant and Parent Orientation
DATES: Thursday, August 25th – at a local Tampa Bay location
Opening EQ Retreat
DATES: Saturday, September 10th – Full day at a local Tampa Bay location
Bi-Monthly EQ Workshops – at a local community center in Tampa
DATES: Third Tuesday of the month, 4:30-6:00 p.m. (except for the May workshop, which will be held on the first Tuesday of the month)
Mandatory for all TIA participants → No fewer than 4 out of 5 of the following workshops:
- Workshop 1 – Tuesday, September 20th
- Workshop 2 – Tuesday, November 15th
- Workshop 3 – Tuesday, January 17th
- Workshop 4 – Tuesday, March 21st
- Workshop 5 – Tuesday, May 2nd
Bi-Monthly Capstone Service Project Meetings - at a local community center in Tampa
DATES: First Tuesday of the month, 4:30-6:00 p.m.
Mandatory for Team Leads/TIA Leadership Council → No fewer than 3 out of 4 following sessions:
- Meeting 1 – Tuesday, October 4th
- Meeting 2 – Tuesday, December 6th
- Meeting 3 – Tuesday, February 7th
- Meeting 4 – Tuesday, April 4th
End of Year Celebration - TIA Service Site Presentations
DATE: Saturday, May 13th 11:00- 1:00 p.m. – Mandatory for all participants
Selected Teens In Action™ participants are expected to:
- Fully and actively participate in all aspects of the Teens In Action™ program from 8/25/2022 – 5/13/2023.
- Demonstrate respect for staff, leaders, program guests, and fellow program members.
- Pay a $350 or $250 (if selected to be a Team Lead) program fee by 7/28/2022. Limited need-based scholarships are available.