For many high schoolers, it is difficult to balance classwork with extracurricular activities, let alone allow find time to gain community service hours.
Teens In Action (TIA) is a program for high schoolers in Hillsborough County that provides students the opportunity to volunteer each week at local non-profits, and integrates monthly leadership and SEL workshops over the course of one academic year.
Through this program, our students learn how to:
- Set plans and work toward goals.
- Overcome obstacles and create strategies for long-term goals.
- Monitor progress toward personal and academic short- and long-term goals.
- Regulate emotions such as impulses, aggression, and self-destructive behavior.
- Manage personal and interpersonal stress.
- Use feedback constructively.
- Advocate for themselves.
These skills are essential for students as they prepare themselves to enter the workforce. One participant in the TIA program is especially grateful to our donors.
“I had severe mental disabilities before this program. Teens In Action helped me become a better person, not only for my own well-being but also for the well-being of my loved ones. Without it, I couldn’t survive in this world. Thank you for the donation.”